Abuja Journal of Business and Management is a quarterly double-blind peer reviewed refereed open access print-journal that provides rapid publication of articles in all fields of business and management and its applications. The Journal is a publication of the Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Abuja, Nigeria which welcomes publications of high quality papers on theoretical developments and practical applications in business and management. Original research papers, state of the –art- reviews and high quality technical notes are invited for publications.
Guidelines for Contributors
All Research contributions should conform to high standards of scholarly research article by ensuring that the contents of all manuscripts are original and has not been published elsewhere in any language fully or partly, nor is it under review for publication elsewhere. Any article intended for publication in AJBAM should be in compliance with the following format: purpose/objective of the article, sound conceptualization/theoretical foundation, statement of the research problem or hypothesis, research methodology (where applicable), analysis/discussion of research findings (where applicable) and conclusion.
Guidelines for Manuscripts
1. Articles should preferably not exceed 5000 words including tables, figures and graphs, using the font Times New Roman (12 point) and 1.5 line spacing. Authors should ensure that the contents of very short articles are substantial enough to warrant publication.
2. All tables, illustrations and figures should be incorporated in the body of the manuscript. The editor reserves the right to refuse publication of any submission for which the artwork is not of an acceptable standard.
3. Since the Southern African Business Review follows a policy of blind peer review, the first page of the text proper should carry the title of the article, but not the name(s) of the author(s).
4. A separate page should carry the title of the article, its author(s) including full name, academic title, current position and institution (where appropriate). Postal and e-mail addresses should also be provided.
5. The article should be preceded by a single paragraph abstract of the article, Italicize, not exceeding 250 words. The abstract should not form part of the text. A list of key words that is not less than four, and not more than 6 should be submitted per article for cataloguing purposes.
6. The reference technique should be according to the Harvard method.
7. Please remove all page numbers.
Submission and Review Process
1. Manuscripts for the review process should be submitted by e-mail in MS Word to the address below.
2. Manuscripts will be submitted to independent reviewers. A policy of double blind peer review is followed. The editor will make the final decision whether to publish an article.
3. If approved subject to revision, the manuscript will be returned to the author(s) who will make the necessary alternations/corrections. The final copy of the manuscript will then be returned to the editors. This copy should be submitted in MS Word by e-mail.
4. It is required that all authors have their draft articles reviewed for language proficiency before submitting them to the editors. Sometimes excellent submissions have to be drastically amended or even rejected because of linguistic ineptitude. The editors reserve the right to make minor editorial adjustments without consulting the author. The use of abbreviations should be avoided as far as possible.
5. Footnotes should be avoided. Endnotes may be use, which should be consecutively numbered and listed at the end of the text, before the list of references.
6. Each document should be submitted through email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Since, AJBAM is a quarterly journal, manuscripts can be submitted up to 20th of each last month of the quarter per year
8. The review process may take approximately 4 to 8 days.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the above guidelines, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The sum of N3, 000 are paid as assessment fees to carter for the cost of editorial review report, while publication fees of N10, 000 are payable on the acceptance of the article to cover the cost of production of hard print copy, Internet-servicing, editing, handling, etc. The author(s) will receive written acknowledgement of acceptance payment accompanied by original receipt.
Account Payment Details:
Account Name: Department of Business Administration, University of Abuja, Gwagwalada.
Banker: First Bank Nigeria PLC, Gwagwalada, Abuja.
Account Number: 1234567891
Authors relinquish the manuscript’s copyright to the Abuja Journal of Business and Management, published by the Department of Business Administration, University of Abuja and accept and adhere to the journal’s publication policy. After acceptance, the copy right form will be mailed to the corresponding author; one of the authors must complete the copyright release form.
All Correspondences to:
Abuja Journal of Business and Management,
Department of Business Administration,
Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Abuja,
P.M.B 117, Gwagwalada, Abuja,
Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
GSM: +2348036340963or +2348179275933